Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ethical Issue 3 Exercise


I feel that exercise is the most important thing that you can do. By exercising it helps you stay young and maintain a healthier body. I played sports all through high school and my first two years of college. So by taking part in different types of sports and being in a weight training class, I learned a great deal about exercise and how it benefits me. While taking part in exercise I find that it has increased my self confidence. When I’m feeling stressed working out is the best way to release it. I believe the high increase of child obesity in the United States is due to the lack of education of how exercise will help you maintain a healthier body weight. If every child would take part in some form of exercise everyday, they would loose weight and therefore wouldn’t be at such a health risk. . We can better America by making a gym class mandatory throughout grade school and high school. For most kids the only time that they actually get any type of exercise is at school through a weight or gym class. When gym class was removed from most schools as a required class, this is when the child obesity rate started to increase at an alarming rate. Parents and guardians also need to enforce that their children shut off the television and video games and do some kind of exercise instead.

No comments: