Friday, June 27, 2008

Ethical Issue 2


We start eating at a very young age and depend on our parents to feed us the things that will help us grow and mature. But as we get older we get to decide what we want to put into our mouths. I believe that picking the foods that we pick is mainly a result of our culture. For instance in my house every meal that we have has a main course of meat and mostly beef. The sides are normally some kind of vegetable like corn, green beans, and the other side is potatoes, rice or something kind of like that. The reason that my parents are used to eating these foods is their parents fed them the same kind of foods. Both of my parents grew up on the farm so they were raised eating meats and corn. They raised and butchered their own beef and the vegetables were grown in their garden.
As we have noticed with having so many cultures in the United States it has brought many different kind of foods with it. So by living in the US we have been able to experience and try many different types of foods that we might not have had a chance other wise. Where I live I’m able to eat different types of foods like Mexican, Native American, and Chinese. I also have seen many different practices out there for the different types of food. So I feel that the food that we put in our mouth from day to day has a big part of what type of culture we are from.

No comments: