Friday, June 13, 2008

Unit One: Build A Cell (Stages of the Cell Being Completed)
















Introduction: This is a model of a cell that I created using items from around my house. Here are the items I used listed below and which part of the cell they represent.
Cell membrane- A blue plastic bowl and cut the lip off of it. Inside the bowl I filled it with sand to make it look like the cytoplasm.
Nucleus with nuclear membrane- Styrofoam ball that I cut in half, then cut a triangle out of it and painted it purple.
Endoplamic reticulum- drew rough and smooth edges on a piece of construction paper.
Golgi apparatus- plastic fishing worms that I cut to shape and size that I wanted.
Lysosomes and vesicles- A fishing worm that I cut the end off.
Mitochondria- A kidney bean that I drew designs on.
Cillia or flagella made of microtubles- plastic craft string that I cut to size.

No comments: