Friday, June 13, 2008

Self and Unit Evaluation

Regarding My Own Performance:

1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of? The three aspects of the assignment that I’m most proud of are the making of the cell, and then posting all my pictures of the finished cell. The other two things that I’m also proud of are the online lab assignments and then adding my finish lab write ups and pictures into my blog.

2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement? The two assignments that I could have used a little more time on would be the Compendium Review.

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit? I think I worked extremely hard on this unit and trying to figure out how to add all of it into a blog was really challenging for me. I stayed up many nights late to try and get all my assignments done and blogged. I feel that I should get a passing grade for my attempts at doing everything and hopefully finally getting everything blogged right. But all in all I’m very happy with the way things turned out and I have learned a great deal about cells and genetics.

4. How could I perform better in the next unit? Now that I have my book and won't have to wait for it, I plan on getting started a lot earlier so that I don’t have to rush and stress to get assignments done on the due date.


Regarding the Unit:


1. At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course? The time where I felt most engaged with the unit would have to be when I started building my working cell. It was very hands on so being able to see the parts of the cell in a different way just made me understand everything about a cell and how everything works just that much better.

2. At what moment did you feel most distanced from the course? I felt most distanced from the unit when I had to figure how to put all the work that I did into a blog. To be really honest the blogging part really stressed me out because I wasn’t sure if I was doing what I needed to do.

3. What action that anyone took during this unit did you find most affirming and helpful? When the teacher actually explained to me how I had to post all my assignments into the same blog that is when I finally understood what I was doing.

4. What action that anyone took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing? Just the whole blogging thing again but I have a better understanding of it now.

5. What about this unit surprised you the most? I think learning about the different genotypes and phenotypes, also learning about the genetic disorders. These were the most interesting parts of the unit for me.

No comments: