Saturday, June 28, 2008

Self and Unit Evaluation

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE
What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of? The three assignments that I’m most proud of are the compendium reviews and the ethical issue.

What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement? The two aspects that I feel could have used a lot more time would be the lab project and the online blood pressure lab.

What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit? My overall grade for this unit should be a low B. I feel like I have worked hard on each assignment and have done it to the best of my ability.

How could I perform better in the next unit? To help me do better next time, I should get more of the unit covered in the first week. I was really sick with the flu for a week and couldn't hardly get out of bed so was hard to do my assignments.

REGARDING THE UNIT
At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course? The moment that I felt most engaged in the unit was when I was doing the lab even though I’m not sure if the results are right.

At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course? During the online blood pressure lab because I wasn’t too sure what all I had to do. I also couldn’t get the table and graph emailed to myself.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing? Sometimes it is nice to be in a classroom instead of online trying to figure out everything on your own. Not knowing if you are actually doing it right.

What about this unit surprised you the most? The most surprising thing about this unit was learning about the different places your heart pumps blood to and just how important that is to us.

1 comment:

Larry Frolich said...

Brandi Cook
Brandi,
Nice work on this unit. Please be sure you read the instructions for each activity and get all the elements done. You show good comprehension and the only place where your work really suffers is in not fulfilling completely all that the exercise asks for. Just be sure you are getting that done. The work you do shows great comprehension and ability to understand the material. I know you said you had the flu and this might have affected the time you had to be complete with the assignments. Also, you mention wishing you could be in a classroom or have more feedback…if there is anything I can do…look at a compendium as you make it, or give advice or look at a lab as you are ready to post it, let me know by e-mail.
LF


COMPENDIUM MAJOR TOPIC ONE: OXYGEN, MICROBES, IMMUNITY:
On the compendiums, be sure you include a table of contents that tells me what all should be there. Use my Powerpoints or the chapter outlines to be sure you are covering al the material in your compendium. Then, once you have that table of contents, fill in the details. These are both with good information, but not very much of it…these are big topics that need several pages to cover everything.

COMPENDIUM MAJOR TOPIC TWO: NUTRITION:


LAB MAJOR TOPIC ONE: BLOOD PRESSURE
Your data look fine and you give a bit of background on what you are testing. The lab online had a series of specific questions to answer that took you through analyzing data. Be sure to read the instructions on these labs and do exactly what they say.


LAB MAJOR TOPIC TWO: A DAY OF FOOD
I see your lists of food, but this lab also asked for a self-analysis of your diet.


LAB PROJECT: EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY:
I like your photos and choice of activity—brushing teeth! You do a good job telling us how you did the lab and a general idea of what should happen orwhat your hypothesis…that metabolic rates would increase…this could have been more specific. Which activities would bring the greatest increase?

In your analysis, be sure you go back to your actual data and compare it to what you predicted in your hypothesis—being specific,…this is what happened with bp, resp. rate, etc. Also, you then want to look at how things could be improved…where are flaws in the data. You mention that you redid a bunch of measurements thinking the cuff was bad…why did you think that…what seemed inconsistent or wrong in the data?


ETHICAL ISSUE ESSAY: WHAT IS FOOD:
Interesting essay---I think your points are very well put…how does this relate back to the readings on this issue from our course website?